At Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, we are committed to maintaining the privacy of our donors, supporters, volunteers and staff.
This policy outlines how we collect, store and use data provided over the phone, face to face, in writing, and through our websites. The terms outlined in this policy may be updated, so please check the policy from time to time.
If you have any queries about this policy please contact:
Director of Business Support
WHO ARE WE?
In this policy ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ refers to Midlands Air Ambulance Charity (MAAC) and Midlands Air Ambulance Trading Ltd (MAATL).
MAATL is a company operated by Midlands Air Ambulance Charity to run our charity shops and other services; all of the profits are passed to Midlands Air Ambulance Charity. This company is owned and controlled by Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
The full legal information for each entity is:
Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, a charity registered in England and Wales (1143118).
Midlands Air Ambulance Trading Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales at Hawthorn House, Dudley Road, Stourbridge, DY9 8BQ; Reg. Co. number 08256466.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW IS IT USED?
If you support Midlands Air Ambulance Charity; this may be by volunteering, registering to fundraise, signing up for events, or making a donation; we usually collect the following data from you (if relevant):
- Your name
- Your contact details (including address, email and/or telephone number)
- Your date of birth
- Your bank or credit card details
- Your motivation for supporting us
Additionally, we may ask for information relating to your health if it is relevant to the activity you are doing, for example participating in high-risk events.
We ask for personal information from job applicants to assist with our recruitment process, it will only be used for this purpose. This information will only be accessed by employees and agencies directly involved with the recruitment process. We will not disclose this information to anyone else outside Midlands Air Ambulance Charity without notifying you. If your application is successful, this information will be stored in your personnel record. If you are unsuccessful, we will erase the personal data submitted within a suitable timeframe after the appointment has been made, unless you ask us to retain it for consideration for future job opportunities.
WHERE WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM
We collect information in the following ways:
- When you give it to us directly. This may be provided over the phone, face to face, in writing, via email and through our websites. Sometimes when you support us, your information is collected by an organisation working for us (e.g. a mail processing agency), but we are responsible for your data at all times.
- When you give permission to other organisations to share it. You may provide permission for third party organisations to share your data with other third parties, including charities. You may do this when you buy a product or service, register with a website that runs competitions or register with a comparison site. The information we get from those services depends on your settings or the responses you give, so you should regularly check them.
- Through publicly available sources, such as the Post Office’s National Change of Address database. We use these sources to ensure our records are up to date, and to check your mailing preferences. We will always consider your privacy and only do this with your knowledge, and you can request us to stop such processing if you choose.
How is my data used?
We mainly use your information to:
- provide you with the information, services and/or products you asked for;
- administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing gift aid;
- keep a record of your relationship with us;
- manage your marketing preferences;
- understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- and to let you know what your support has helped us to achieve and to ask for financial and non-financial support.
Sharing your story
Some of the people who have benefitted from the work of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity choose to share their experiences to help further our work. We will only share this information if we have obtained the explicit and informed consent of the individual involved, or their parent or guardian if they are under the age of 18. This information may be made public by us at events, in materials promoting our campaigning and fundraising work, or in documents such as our annual report.
Sharing of data
We do not share or sell donor details with charities or other third parties for the purposes of marketing. However if you are participating in an event ran by another named organisation your details may need to be shared; in these instances we will inform you before your information is shared.
- We only disclose data to the suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf; in such cases information is only shared for the purpose of providing services on our behalf relating to communications, or agreements between yourself and Midlands Air Ambulance Charity. We are responsible for your data at all times.
- We will only disclose data when obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation.
- Please see our donor promise, and code of canvassing practice for more information.
HOW CAN I CHANGE MY CONTACT PREFERENCES?
Our marketing has clear marketing preference questions, and all our correspondence includes information on how to update your preferences. If you don’t want to hear from us contact our Donor Support Team on 0845 8 40 20 40 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will always respect your right of control over the use of your personal data, and you always have the right of referral to the Data Protection regulator: www.ico.org.uk