MAN SUFFERS ELECTRICAL BURNS IN WORCESTERSHIRE Friday 28th August 2015 – 10.45pm
A man who sustained electrical burns when the ladder he was carrying collided with an overhead power cable has been airlifted to hospital earlier today.
West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to a country lane in Highwood, Tenbury Wells, just off the B4204 shortly before 4.55pm and sent an ambulance, a community first responder and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Strensham to the scene.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “When ambulance staff arrived they found a man in his 50s who had suffered electrical burns when the ladder he was carrying collided with an overhead power cable.
“The man had suffered full thickness burns to his hands and exit burns to his feet.
“Ambulance crews treated the man’s burns with cooling dressings and administered pain relief in order to stabilise his condition.
“The man was then airlifted to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham with the hospital being alerted to his condition prior to his arrival.”