PR and Communications Coordinator
Job Summary: To support the communications manager in building awareness of the charity in order to attract new supporters, develop relationships with existing supporters and reinforce the values of the organisation.
Main Duties of the Post:
Working with the Communications Manager, Fundraising and Marketing Director and colleagues within the fundraising department and other departments, as well as external contacts.
Key responsibilities under the direction of the Communications Manager:
• Support the Communications Manager in delivering the communications strategy across all media, including press, broadcast and online to raise MAAC profile and market MAAC activities (including regional and national programmes, recruitment and fundraising).
• Provide copy-writing and production of key MAAC publications including; quarterly Take Off magazine, bi- volunteer newsletter, corporate e-bulletin and internal e-bulletin, The Pulse. Writing clear and concise copy for each target audience.
• Research and write copy for external articles and press as and when required.
• Ensure good and effective press coverage, including identifying opportunities for stories and events, obtaining feedback about such events from those who have been responsible for them, preparation of press releases, and regular liaison with local press.
• Collation of personal stories/case studies.
• Manage the day to day and monthly coverage evaluation. Identify where greater press coverage is required, and analyse coverage trends.
• When required, undertake communications-based projects that will deliver a measurable and commercial outcome (such as increased donations, donor awareness or a direct return on surplus)
• Liaise with donors and supporters on a regular basis, supporting with publicity for events and donation presentations.
• Assist on the upkeep and reproduction of publicity materials (printed and email format).
• Liaise with external suppliers including the advertising agency, printers, video production companies and photographers, providing briefs and proof reading and to manage the production process and ensure that material is produced on time and to a high quality.
• Assist with award writing.
• Support the communications team with an internal communications programme.
• Research into other third sector organisations for benchmarking purposes.
• Assist in the organisation of MAAC’s events as necessary.
• Respond to day to day positive media enquiries.
• Build strong working relationships with media outlets across the six counties and at a national level.
• Carry out general communications and marketing tasks that may arise in the fundraising department.
• Support the implementation of new communications initiatives.
Other responsibilities (when required by the communications team)
• To support with for the day to day management of MAAC’s website, including keeping appropriate content up to date.
• Assist with the delivery of the social media strategy to raise MAAC’s profile and activities.
• Assist with the creation of online video content in line with MAAC’s brand guidelines and marketing requirements.
• Provide copy-writing and production of the corporate e-bulletin and internal e-bulletin, The Pulse.
• As part of the office team, assist with general administrative duties including answering incoming phone calls, hosting visitors, supporting volunteers etc.
Skills and Experience:
• At least two years’ experience working in the field of communications and ability to demonstrate knowledge of a broad range of communications activities, media, websites, publications, social media, events, etc.
• Knowledge of regional media contacts and established relationships with media groups
• Proven and demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of media, preparing press releases and press calls, etc.
• Experience working with websites, including; producing content for the web
• An understanding of social media and trends in the communications market, and the need to use this effectively with appropriate standards of style and branding
• Proven experience working with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to adapt their style to convey the relevant messages accurately and effectively
• Demonstrable initiative and enthusiasm and ability to multi-task
• The desire and ability to take ownership of tasks and see them finished on time and to a high standard.
• Computer literate with good MS Office Skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organisation.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and professional manner
• Commitment to MAAC’s aims and objectives
• Pro-active attitude is essential
• Experience of working within the third sector preferably in the Midlands region.
• Knowledge of the aviation or emergency services sector
• Project management skills
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com