Hometyre Keeps Midlands Air Ambulance Charity on the Road
Shrewsbury-based mobile tyre service, Hometyre, has announced its support of the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity by donating and fitting a brand new set of winter tyres to the vehicle driven by Maria Jones, the regional fundraising manager for Shropshire.
With road safety at the heart of the Hometyre ethos, managing director Andy Lawrence is keen to raise motorists’ awareness about the importance of tyre maintenance and consideration as we enter the long winter months.
He comments: “We learnt that over 50 per cent of incidents the Midlands Air Ambulance attends to relate to road traffic collisions. Cold weather and dark mornings and evenings can give rise to even greater numbers of these incidents – many of which could be avoided through more appropriate tyre fitment and maintenance. To highlight the safety and mobility benefits of cold weather tyres, we’ve fitted a set to Maria’s car to enable her to continue her excellent and vitally important fundraising activities throughout the coming winter months.”
In addition, Hometyre has become one of the charity’s community members, offering financial support to the service over the next year too.
Maria states: “I attend up to 20 fundraising events, cheque presentations and talks each week, so knowing I have the best tyres possible to keep me safe on the Shropshire roads throughout the notorious British winter is really reassuring!”
“I’d like to thank Andy and the team at Hometyre for their support. Their contribution will further assist us in saving lives across our region.”
As part of the company’s commitment to safer driving, Hometyre recommends the following handy tips to road users too:
- Make sure your car windows are thoroughly cleaned to ensure clear vision all round, and always allow the car’s demisters to clear them. A great way to get a crystal clear finish is by using a cleaning product and newspaper.
- Check that all your lights are working properly – including brake and fog lights. Sometimes headlight lenses can become cloudy with age. Have them restored by a vehicle detailer or professional valeting company to restore night vision to its best.
- Ensure your tyres are properly inspected for wear and suitability and make sure the pressures are set correctly and regularly tested thereafter, including the spare.
- Carry a reflective warning triangle, hi-visibility jackets, warm weather clothing, water and perhaps a couple of bars of chocolate just in case you get stuck.
- If you absolutely rely on your vehicle at all times, consider fitting cold weather tyres. They offer superb levels of grip and dramatically improved braking capabilities at temperatures below 7oC in all weather conditions.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, please call the service on 0800 8 40 20 40 or visit www.midlandsairambulance.com.
Hometyre offers a mobile tyre supply and fittings in selected areas across the UK. For tyre advice and information please call them free on 0800 783 9310 or visit www.hometyre.co.uk.