While it is not compulsory, we do encourage schools and colleges who would like us to visit them to undertake a little fundraising for our charity.
Each critically important air ambulance mission costs the charity £2,500, which is entirely funded by charitable donations from the general public and local businesses.
Here are just some ideas to kick-start your ‘fun’draising:
- Bake sale: each child/teacher donates cakes or biscuits (bought or made) and they are sold at break time.
- Sponsored event: walk, run, silence, read, spell etc.
- Themed fancy dress doctors/paramedics/pilots etc.
- Bag packing at local supermarkets
- Fashion shows
- Designing mugs and tea towels for sale
- Collect 20p coin. Draw a huge outline of a helicopter and get the children to place their coins in the helicopter drawing. It will make a great photo for local press!
- Five-a-side football/netball
- School Fete with a sponge the teacher, £1 for three sponges!
- Art gallery - get children to make a piece of artwork, invite the parents in and ask them to make a donation to buy their child’s artwork
- Bring in unwanted quality clothing, shoes and books into school for our charity shops and we will collect the items for free
If you are a teacher, parent or child and would like to find out more, please contact us here.