A total of 33 patients have been assessed for possible carbon monoxide poisoning with six having been taken to hospital for further treatment following an incident at an industrial premises this afternoon.
West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to Kuehne and Nagel in Stubby Lane, Draycott In The Clay, Ashbourne, at 12.55pm and sent four ambulances, three paramedic officers, a paramedic in a rapid response vehicle, the Trust’s Hazardous Area Response Team and the Midlands Air Ambulance crew from Staffordshire, in a rapid response vehicle, to the scene.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Crews initially attended reports of a woman who was feeling unwell.
“It quickly became apparent that she was suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning and immediately began receiving treatment from ambulance staff.
“A number of other patients then began coming forward. Ambulance staff worked quickly to assess them all in order to establish the severity of their conditions.
“In total, six were taken to the hospital and 27 discharged at the scene. Two women and two men, including the original patient, were taken to Queens Hospital Burton, whilst another woman and man were taken to Royal Derby Hospital.”
If you would like to find out more about how you can help to fund a Midlands Air Ambulance Charity mission, please click here.