As part of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity’s 30th anniversary celebrations, and due to a community fundraising shortfall over the last 12 months, the vitally important service is asking people across the Midlands to join in the fun and play its Lifesaving Lottery.
The local charity, which responds to an average of 13 lifesaving missions across the Midlands per day, has an established lottery scheme which boasts almost 69,000 members. With chances for participants to play more than once, the current total of live numbers played on a weekly basis is in excess of 95,000, funding four out of ten critically important missions.
The scheme has increased in popularity over the last three years. Thanks to the generosity of supporters, the Lifesaving Lottery raised over £3.8 million** in 2020 funding 1,290 air ambulance and 2,580 critical care car lifesaving missions. This popular way to support the charity is enhanced because for a donation of £1 per, the supporter also has the opportunity to win prizes – either a jackpot cash prize of £1,000 or four prizes of £25.
Emma Gray, chief operating officer for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, said: “Its thanks to the kindness of local people, like the supporters of our Lifesaving Lottery, we are able to continue making critical care missions possible and saving lives across the Midlands. This year has been exceptionally challenging for us all, which is why we offer this additional way for support the charity, which is mutually beneficial as the supporter also has the chance to win money each week, while helping to fund our extremely important pre-hospital service.”
To find out how you can get involved and play the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity Lifesaving Lottery, please visit the Lifesaving Lottery webpage and follow the organisation on social media.
- The Midlands Air Ambulance Charity Lifesaving Lottery is operated and promoted by Midlands Air Ambulance Charity (MAAC). Midlands Air Ambulance Charity is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 42471
- The sole charitable beneficiary of this lottery is Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, which will receive all the proceeds after deduction of the expense of running the lottery, including the cost of prizes.
- All net proceeds from the Lifesaving Lottery are donated to Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, which requires £10m a year to ensure the continuation of its essential pre-hospital service. In 2020, as a percentage of the total plays, 79 per cent went directly to Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, 1 per cent was paid in prizes and 20 per cent in expenses.
Terms and conditions apply:
- You must pay in advance by cheque or standing order – only paying members are entitled in each weekly draw.
- You must be aged 16 or over to join the Lifesaving Lottery.
- Results are published on the charity’s website every week and winners will be notified directly.
For full terms and conditions, visit the lottery webpage.
** This represents 79 per cent of the total proceeds, after prizes and expenses and means every four in ten missions attended by the charity, is funded by the Lifesaving Lottery players.