Step 1 - Tell us why you are not happy
If you wish to make a complaint about Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, please contact us as soon as possible so we can try to make things right. This includes all charity activities, including fundraising, events, donor care and governance.
Please provide us with the following information so that we can investigate your complaint and are able to contact you if needed:
- Your name and contact details.
- What your complaint is about (including the names of people involved where known).
- When and where the issue arose.
- If you have already complained, the date on which you did so.
- Call us. We want to resolve complaints as fairly and quickly as possible, and we believe that a telephone call can be the best way to fully understand and resolve a problem (often enabling us to resolve the problem immediately). Please contact our team on 0800 840 20 40 between the hours of 8.30aam and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. If you call outside of these hours, please leave a voicemail message and we will respond the following day.
- Use our online contact / feedback form below.
- Email us on email@example.com
- Write a letter addressed to:
Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
MAAC will not use social media to engage on matters relating to specific complaints. If you wish to make a complaint or discuss a complaint already made, the advised communication routes are shared above.
We have two levels of complaint
- Informal - This is where the complainant accepts feedback being provided either verbally, or in writing, by an appropriate MAAC Manager.
- Formal -This is where the complainant requires a written resolution letter, issued in hard copy and / or electronic form and signed by the Chief Executive Officer, or a nominated Director.
Step 2 - We will respond to your complaint
Your complaint will be fully investigated by an appropriate member of our team (somebody who is independent of the issues raised). In some circumstances, we may need to come back to you for further information to enable us to investigate your complaint promptly and properly.
Our commitment to you:
- We will acknowledge every complaint within five working days of receipt.
- Where your complaint is informal we will aim to respond to you within 14 working days. Where your complaint is formal we aim to respond to you within 25 working days. Where we are unable to meet these timescales, we will contact you with an explanation why.
- We will always treat you with courtesy and respect, listen to what you say, keep you informed about our progress, provide you with a prompt response and tell you who to go to if you want to escalate your complaint further.
- No complainant will be discriminated, harassed or suffer any disadvantage
- Where required we will do everything reasonably practicable to support you to make a complaint
Step 3 - If you are not happy with our response
We truly hope that we will be able to resolve your complaint in an honest, open and satisfactory way. However, if you are still unhappy after receiving our response, you can escalate your complaint as follows. Please outline the details of the complaint, why you have not been satisfied with our response up to now and what you would like us to do to put things right.
- If you are not satisfied with the initial response you receive, your on-going complaint will be sent to a MAAC Director.
- Following our second response, if you are still not satisfied, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to MAAC’s Chief Executive Officer.
- If you are still not satisfied we you can ask for your complaint to be reviewed by the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
Step 4 – Taking your complaint outside of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
If you are still dissatisfied in the way your complaint has been handled, you can raise your complaint with the appropriate organisation below.